Herb Stuffed Yankee Pot Roast Recipe
Ronnie found this recipe below in Cuisine at Home several years ago. The preparation and cooking steps take a while but we think this pot roast is the best ever. Go here to see the recipe and ingredients:
The steps follow:
- Assemble all the vegetables. Some celery, onions and carrots are chopped for the first step
- Stuff the chuck roast with fresh thyme and garlic
- Chop the veggies and assemble the ingredients for the sauce
- Brown the veggies then add the sauce ingredients
- Put the roast on top, cover and put in the over at 325 for 2 hours
- The root vegetables, red potatoes, turnips. parsnips and carrots are prepared for the last step. The mushrooms go in here too.
- When the 2 hours is up take the roast out to stir up the sauce
- Add the remaining spices, put the roast back and add all the root vegetables.
- Cover and put back in the over at 325 for 2 more hours
It’s ready when it come out of the oven this time
P.S. We have moved our blogging site to our own web site here. There is not much content on it yet but I will be working on it.